We are proud to announce the release of Resara Server Alpha 2. This is the second major release of Resara Server and contains some important new features, and many bug fixes. Important new features include switching to the CMake build system, a working NT permissions editor, and the ability to clone users. A list of important bug fixes is included below.
- Passwords with symbols are now supported in the admin console.
- Newly created shares now have the correct default permissions.
- A fallback mode has been added for DBUS versions below 1.4
- Several UI bugs have been fixed. Including oddities when moving or deleting items.
- You may now delete an OU that is not empty.
- Shares are now hidden when marked as such.
- The LDAP admin password is no longer stored on disk.
- Better support for integrating with existing samba installations.
- Many more smaller fixes
Any users of Alpha1 are strongly encouraged to upgrade to Alpha2. Users should find Alpha2 significantly easier to build from source. This release also included an image suitable for use with VirtualBox.